In this way, students can quickly take advantage of all that we Yes Men have learned — not only about our own ways of doing things, but those we've known over two decades.
Check out the below outline and watch the video for the gist of what short workshops are like. (The video's geared more to activist groups, but the gist is the same.) And then contact us to discuss hosting a workshop of your own.
Each workshop includes:
- Presentation of "laughtivism": developing effective, mediagenic activist projects around the issue at hand
- Brainstorming project ideas, evaluating the options, and choosing a good one to go with
- Fleshing out chosen project(s) and developing a complete action plan
- Trainings, with the Yes Men and others, to cover public relations, improv, writing, making catchy video pieces, and planning a project from beginning to end
- Bicycle, kayak, or paragliding tours of local areas — or other fun activities of some relevance
Each workshop helps students to:
- Use public spectacle to affect the public debate
- Use humor to open minds, share ideas, and change the world
- Figure out what's effective, and why
- Figure out how change happens, and how we can fit into that change
After the workshop, we remain available to answer questions, offer advice, and generally help guide projects through to completion.