GOAL: Link current Cape Town policies with its Apartheid-era precedents, and turn squatter communities into activists.
SUCCESS: 8/10. Because of the simplicity of the action, articles about it had to communicate the action's point: that today's neoliberal policies are just a new version of apartheid. It also, however, succeeded in bringing hundreds of squatters, including dozens of children, into political action in a fun, digestible way.
- Times Live: Q&A with culture jamming activist Jeff Walburn of 'The Yes Men' (archive)
- Daily Maverick: City of Cape Town refuses to respond to activist prank (archive)
- Times Live: Housing activists admit they were behind fake Plato statement (archive)
- Yahoo News: Activists dressed as zombies protest 'apartheid-style' housing policies in Cape Town (archive)
- AFP: Cape Town 'zombie protest' against 'apartheid-style housing policy (archive)
- Daily Maverick: ‘Old Nats’ come back to life in Mother City demonstrations (archive)
- Ground Up: Satire and the City: Zombies and a dead president protest in Cape Town | GroundUp (archive)
- Cape Times: WATCH: Zombie activists protest against City of Cape Town's ‘apartheid policies’ (archive)
- BBC: Millions attend global climate strike - BBC News (archive)