It’s very simple, really – just go out and wheat-paste those improved Chevron ads wherever you can, and try to take pictures of each. Contest ends December 1, but we hope you keep it up indefinitely. (See also this for another, easier contest.)
Here’s how it works, in more detail:
- Choose your favorite printable ones (with a little printer icon), and download and print, at any size and in any quantity. (You can of course make new ads instead of downloading ones that exist. Make sure tosubmit them to the contest if you do! If you’ve already submitted and you can send a higher-res version, please email it to us!)
- Points will be awarded by size and by coolness:
- Larger sizes will get more points. Stickers will get 1-2 points, 8.5”x11” sheets will get 3 points, billboards will get a huge number of points, etc.
- Cool locations will get more points. Like, if you manage to get an ad onto each pump at a Chevron gas station, or onto a podium while some oil industry wonk is holding forth, or onto the back of a real Chevron manager’s suit jacket while he’s not looking, or onto aboard member’s house, or… you get the idea. But just getting them under a bridge is great too! (You might want to videotape your action – it might just make it into our next film, which is about shit like this.)
- Try to get an ad printed in your local paper – that counts as a really cool location! The sky’s the limit.
- Try to take a snapshot of each poster after you’ve pasted it up. Then:
Now get to it!